Thursday, February 21, 2013

What's in a Day: Peek-ture post

For my own amusement, maybe others'. Maybe I'll look back on this time and reflect on the simplicity of life with one kiddo. I tried to document a typical day.

We went for a walk down the street to the bank. And since the little man is a veteran head-holder-upper now, he got to ride facing forward in the front pack. Loved it. He really hasn't been outside a whole lot seeing as its Winter in Oregon and he's still little, so he was enamored with the road noise and cars. Sadly no picture.

He crashed after that. Actually, on the walk back home. Pure sweetness.



Meanwhile momma set up the week's budget. We are now on the envelope system! We are very excited about it. Compliments my visual/nerdy fiscal personality. Instead of being constrictive about spending (like I had thought it would be, which is why I had avoided it), using the system is actually very freeing and involves much less stressing about buying things.


Buddy's naps are usually only 30-40 min. long, and he takes 3 a day usually. For lunch we had (by "we" I mean I was his entertainment as he watched from the swing) french toast using day old Great Harvest bread.


I just received my Grandma's silver, that she got for her wedding. It was baly in need of polish and cleaning.
Here is the end result.


Chris got home somewhat early. Did a whirlwind of some chores while he played with Judah, and then remembered that I wanted to make chai mix, I had been out for a while.





I use this recipe. But when I am making up a cup, I always use three heaping tablespoons of mix instead of two, since my mugs are large. Mmm. Make sure to blend well. I use my cuisinart smart stick. The more fine and powdery it is the smoother the chai. Yes, horrendous amounts of sugar. I have not tried subbing with any sugar alternatives. Another time.


Dinner was leftover vegetable soup and mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon. We help with youth group on Tuesday evenings. As long as he is fed sometime between 6:30 and 8 pm, Judah is in a fantastic mood, never fusses. He loves watching and listening to all the noisy, rowdy jr. highers. Especially game time. We usually hang out up on the stage overlooking the gym for that, and he occasionally gets scared when daddy yells (Chris helps ref the games). The best part about Tuesday nights is that Judah falls asleep on the way home. It always makes it easier when we are coming home from something at the time of his bedtime. No fuss drifting off to sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment