Thursday, December 1, 2011

Two Weeks Later..

So I may or may not have had the blogger tab open on Chrome for plus or minus two weeks, waiting on divine inspiration for the "perfect" blog title. Yes. Lame.

Purpose of this blog is manifold:

+ To document the first year of our marriage - successes and mistakes, the moments I'll treasure, the little things I get excited about, what we learn from each other.

+ To share my craftiness with the general public (forced or otherwise). Chris has come to call all of my crafts, household projects, and homemaking recipes "pinterests." He's more or less got that one right..

+ To express my sometimes put-together, sometimes scattered revelations about life and God and what He's showing me. Maybe it will help someone else, maybe it will just help me.

Oh and maybe I could introduce myself? 41 days ago I married my best friend (Someone asked how long it had been last night at church prayer and Chris was quicker than me in his count of 40 days! 40 days and 40 nights.. [: ). I enjoy calligraphy, style, making cool looking things and just plain making things. Both to say I made it, and to enjoy the product. Love spending my time with my husband doing an array of things - dancing, making food, him explaining what is going on in the comic book movies when we go to see them, laundry, "helping" him when he was working on his motor - or nothing much at all.

And originally I was going to wait to blog until I had my wedding pictures (hey come on, you've got to say that's a terrific way to attract readership right off the bat. Who doesn't like looking at wedding pictures? Ok, rephrase, what girl doesn't like looking at wedding pictures??), but since I still don't have those, I figured maybe I should just actually start WRITING things that are interesting to read... yes I'm proud of that concept.

I hopemaybesorta that is a good enough start to a blog?! I don't know. If you are wanting to know why I settled on "Shine forth" for the name, go read Isaiah 60. Yeah. I am thinking I left things out about myself that are maybe important... but that's why somebody thought of the "addendum."

No comments:

Post a Comment