Friday, December 23, 2011

Things with Lace..

My craft obsession of late has been with using lace. And since my mom requested to see some pictures of said crafts, we have ourselves a new post!

By far the easiest one to whip up was a pair of lace earrings. What you'll need is scrap lace - the teensiest amount will do! - two buttons same size, (and same color, if your lace is somewhat see-through), and two earring stud posts. I produced my earring posts by disassembling some studs I didn't use anymore :) But they can be found at Walmart, as well.


My lace was from a circular tablecloth.

Trace circles from your lace slightly bigger than the size of your buttons. Cut out, and lay your button in the middle, flattest side down, with a tiny spot of hot glue. Fold over and glue the edges to the back of the button.  
Then take your posts and glue to the back as well. And you're done!



I'm also wearing the top that I refashioned with lace.

What I did was cut a rectangle about 6 inches wide, and the length of my shirt + an inch. I folded the lace strip in half, sewed closed on two sides, then turned inside out so there was no open seam line. I then positioned it on the front of my shirt, sewed down the longest sides, and also folded and sewed it under the bottom hem of my shirt.
Finished:


And as long as I'm posting repeated pictures of me in the same shirt, now for a craft not involving lace! It's just as simple (and fun), and turned out just as nice as the tutorial made it look.


Fabric pom-pom pendants.. made with any scraps of material, and a flat pendant. Great tutorial found here

So fun to make, have done several for gifts. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! The earrings are my favorite. I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete